Monday, February 1, 2010

Memories



While cleaning out my Art Studio closet I discovered some very old things that brought back some fond memories.  In 2011  our 50th highschool reunion will be held in Ambler, PA.  I found a few Pen and Ink drawings that I had done in 11th and 12th grade and sketches that had been done for our yearbook but  were never used.  We had one of those elderly cantankerous teachers that used his own photos instead of the student's drawings.  He was some kind of an encouraging teacher,huh?  Anyway, there is a picture there of our old Alma Mater which is no longer standing.  I think they put a small housing development there years ago.  It's hard for me to believe I was only 15 or 16 when I did these drawings, but I was and the paper shows it.  Please enjoy these drawings from 1960-61.  My first Pen & Ink is the old House and Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment