Saturday, May 11, 2013

New Painting

Well, I thought I had posted something the other day but apparently it never got posted, so I'll try again.  It's that time of year again and the Visual Arts Center of Punta Gorda, FL is having their Fine Arts Festival (FAF).  This year the artist they are honoring is John Paul Sargent.  I really do admire his work.  I plan to do three paintings if I can.  Two Acrylics and one charcoal.  I'm working on an acrylic right now and hope to finish it before we go out to Oregon to see my son and family.  It is called Village Children.  It looked easy-- but of course it is not-- as usual.  What looks to be simple generally turns out to be more difficult than it looks.  I'm posting here the work in progress.  I'll post when finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment